- Continuing on the Bell project – bought a pretty large (22 inch/56cm) cast iron bell this week.
- I’m switching from the Raspberry Pi Pico to either a full Raspberry Pi 4, or the new RPi Zero W which just came out this week. It has 5x the processing power of the old Zero, and they use the same RPi bus, so peripherals work better. I’ve got MQTT running, as well as a display. Another advantage is that the code is more compatible with OS X, where I develop.
- I’ve been setting up my new MacBook Pro as well, and I’m annoyed that Dropbox doesn’t work on it yet.
- I’ve been doing some background work on the QuickDraw project, playing with different stains on pine, and seeing how it machines in the CNC Router.
- Playing more with Rhino and Grasshopper
- Working on software architecture and electronics for the Bells Project
- Updated the sign outside our studio to read “It’s very squirrel nut zippers”, which is the name of a band.
- A quick project: I took a scan of my head, brought it into Rhino, processed it with Grasshopper and a spreadsheet, and then cut a bunch of blocks to match the calculated heights. Finally, assembled it into a grid. I think it looks like a robot.
Leave a Reply