- We’ve designed and ordered test circuit boards for the bells project. This is a big step towards implementing the system.
It’s pretty interesting to see it all come together!
The bells project requires:
- server software,
- embedded Arduino code,
- mechatronics (electric motors, sensors, switches, mechanical linkages),
- and display mounts and stands for a ton of bells.
- And, we continue to build Voronoi Cubbies. 12 complete so far…
- We have upgraded our fibre laser to use the excellent Lightburn software – they finally released a version that supports fibre lasers on June 30, so there was a frantic few days of checking out the new capabilities of Lightburn, and how best to use it with the fibre laser. It’s pretty cool.
- I’ve been working on a design for something to hold and display a bunch of bells. Fired up the ‘ole plasma cutter, and now making “bell trees.” We shall see!
- Changed up the sign to display an internet meme. I generally avoid anything this obvious.
- And this lead to someone putting it on TikTok…
- And that lead to an article on a news site!
Carolyn Hoganson says
Do you design round dining tables in your fabulous varieties of wood?
Sorry, we don’t do work like that, but if talk to the people at KJP Select Hardwood either they can make it, or can point you at someone who can. They often make table-tops out of beautiful wood, and they sell legs you can simply screw into the bottom of the table-top.