- A huge amount of progress on the Voronoi box project. We bought a bunch of table bases, and have been making cute little tables to display the boxes. And, we’ve been working on filming the boxes in order to make some videos to show how the pattern evolves.
- I designed and built 6 supports for a desk out of 1/4″ steel. The supports mount on wall joists and will support the middle segment of a long, 36″ deep desk in a house. Nice project on the plasma cutter and quite a lot of TIG and MIG welding.
- Updated the sign to say “ARE YOU YOU” which is a phrase made famous by Shantel Martin
- I support an Ottawa service called the Ottawa Tool Library. They are a great resource for people who need a tool for a specific project, but don’t want to buy or store it. They have a huge selection of tools for outdoor work, building, repairing, etc. And, they have a workshop area, which is great for working on projects you can’t do at home. For fun I took the Intro to Tools 101 course at the OTL and learned how to use a chop saw, bandsaw, drill press and a sander! And I made a small weird cutting board! It was a fun evening.
- Updated the sign again – this time with the Fibonacci Sequence.
- Still working on filming and documenting the Voronoi Evolution project. Brooke has been working on a video, with some explanations about how the design is created, using Fusion animations in Davinci Resolve. We’ve also been building small tables to display the boxes.
Leave a Reply