- I finished, the block-head/mosaic head project, and it came out looking great! A lot of nice comments on IG about it.
- I mounted the logo from the sign for a company I founded (Ingenius.com) in the back corner of my shop, above the CNC router. It even glows!
- I updated the sign outside our studio with a weird kind of insider message for some friends who drive by regularly.
- Fixing the floor! Not at all exciting, but a nice thing to tackle. When we originally moved in, we covered the whole shop floor with hydraulic cement, in order to level it, and then we covered that with garage floor epoxy. Unfortunately, the cement layer didn’t stick to the underlying floor well, and began to chip off, leaving large ugly patches of floor. This week we went around the 3000 square foot shop area and chipped off as much of the cement layer as possible, and then applied the floor paint directly to the underlying 50 year old garage floor. We’re about 1/2 way done, and things look a lot better already.
- Updated the sign outside our studio with a Talking Heads song reference. I like to think of people humming along with the song after they pass our studio!
- One last thing with the old InGenius sign… I put the “In” up on the wall at one end of the shop and I’ve wired it up so that it automatically illuminates when I arrive at the shop.
Love your Talking Heads quote. I’ve had that song in my head ever since you put it up!
Your work looks awesome. Thanks for giving us a view into what you’re doing through your videos. Have worked with many designers in publishing — always the best of times, when work and fun melded.
Happy New Year!