- We updated the sign with a reference to the recently discovered aperiodic monotile called “The Hat.”
Mathematicians have discovered an aperiodic monotile. As I understand it, it’s a single shape, like a puzzle piece that can make a non repeating pattern forever. This is a huge discovery in math – a 2 tile version was discovered in the 70’s.
Some very interesting discussion about this is here, including the about-to-be published paper: https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/an-aperiodic-monotile/156830
Generator here to make your own: https://cs.uwaterloo.ca/~csk/hat/app.h
- We’ve been updating some of our camera equipment, hoping to do more video content soon.
- We are enjoying some spring, but also some severe storms, which are annoying.
- We repaired out banana shaped postcard box that’s attached to our outdoor sign. Grab a postcard if you like!
- Did a quick repair job on some ancient Muskoka chairs that were made from pine, and had disintegrated over time. We’re going to put them outside the studio and see if they get stolen. I guess we should put some air tags in em!
- Made a pretty cool shower stool, based on a design I saw recently in Japan.
Pleasure to meet you today Rich. I’m the one who walked away with a T shirt. Thanks again for opening the door. Enjoyed the dragon fly wings and now I see the aperiodic monotile.
It was lovely to meet you! Thanks for stopping by.