Here’s the promo stuff from MakerspaceNorth…
We are very lucky to have Rich Loen on board to delve into the makings of your own CNC machine!
Rich Loen has built many CNC machines including routers, mills, and cutters. He’ll share the knowledge he’s gained both building machines from scratch, and converting metal-working mills to CNC.
Tickets are limited so don’t miss out and snag yours now before they’re all gone!
More details from the event description:
Rich Loen (https://Loen.Design) has built many CNC machines including routers, mills, and cutters. He’ll share the knowledge he’s gained both building CNC machines from scratch, and converting metal-working mills to CNC.
Rich will cover:
- Hardware options – machine frame, linear bearings, ball-screws, belt drives
- Electronics – stepper motors, servos, drivers, power supplies, control interfaces like smooth steppers, G540, Planet CNC hardware.
- Spindle options – routers, air/Water cooled spindles, high-speed spindles
- Control Software – Mach3, Linux CNC, PlanetCNC, etc.
- Design Software – Fusion 360, Vectric V-Carve Pro, Other options
- Suppliers of hardware and software
Rich will be joined by Chris Manning (@silver_hand), a local watch maker and silver smith with years of CNC lathe and mill experience.
Rich will also bring a small CNC mill he made for carving names into hockey pucks – and if you’re lucky, you can get your name carved into a puck during the event!
Leave a Reply